Sunday, November 18, 2007

Relaxing Day 2 in Paris

Day 2 in Paris is a Sunday - but there was no sun after all as compared to Saturday. It was a very relaxing day. I had my hearty breakfast at around 8.15am and I have made a hard-boiled egg myself. My plan was to go to the train station to see whether the train for tomorow would still be running. Not much of news, so I need to be at the station around 10am tomorrow to catch the early afternoon train to Germany, Saarbrucken. Remember we were there the last trip as we travelled back from Paris too - well, we had the chicken noodle soup at Wienerwald Restuarant.

After the station check, I travelled to the Notre Dam the great church of early Paris at around 11pm. Walked around the area to check out what I could take for lunch and at the same time look for a shop that sells calling card. I managed to find one for 7.50 euros and it gives 62 minutes of call to Singapore and I can use it in Germany too.

I had my lunch - a set meal of choice of a starter, main dish and dessert. Then I made my way to the Lourve - the museum of great painting, and hoping to do some shopping at Gallerie Lafayette or Printemp, but both were closed on Sunday. Too bad.

Note : Hotel Savoy - it provides free wifi, so I can take my time to put up these blog.

My breakfast with the egg shell of the egg I cooked. Layered pastries with jam and butter.

At the market near the hotel where they sell Oysters.

At St Michel, streets filled with restuarant displaying their menu for lunch and dinner.

The seafood restuarant.
A picture of me with Notre Dame Church - a walk round before lunch.
Crossing one of the bridges that spanned the River Seine. Notice the initial N - built by Napoleon.
Close up of Notre Dame

Who is this clown statue doing in front of Notre Dame.


The restuarant I took my lunch - still not too crowded yet.

My starter - mussels cooked in white wine, it was quite a big bowl of at least 20 mussels.


The main dishes of home-made beef stew with mushrooms, carrots and potatoes. My dessert is a crepes with sugar.

This is the ferry I took yesterday - the operator is Bateaux Mouches.


Hi Steffi, this is the Arc opposite the Arc de Triomphe (du Etoile) about 4 km apart. Just find out that it is called Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel.
The entrance to the Lourve.

The music art museum.


The roller bladers suddenly roamed through me.

Alas - Lafayette, but it was closed on Sunday.



No comments: