Monday, November 5, 2007

Bad Schaudau to Munich

The train from Bad Schaudau to Munich turned out to be a long one. I took a region train from Dresden to Nurnburg 40 minutes earlier hoping to reach Munich at around 4pm. Things did not turn out well. The route to Nurnberg was interrupted by a rail work in between that I have to take a bus during the rail work route. It has delayed 2 hours for the next train from the station. I reached Munich at 6.30pm. Fortunately, I managed to find my way to the hotel very fast with the S-bahn, MRT without having to pay as Eurail pass travels free. The hotel is very nice. I left my luggage behind and went back to the town centre for the night scene of the town square. Hoping to have a good bavarian dinner in one of the traditional resturant turned out to be a nightmare as the restuarant were very crowded. Just managed to eat at King Burger near the main train station.
The picture above is the one taken the next morning near the town square.

The market square near the town sqare

The Church at Marien Platz - crowded with Chinese visitors.

Visited the BMW Museum which is near to the Olmpic Stadium. I tested drive the X-series using a simulator. Quite fun especially driving in snow and braking hard.

A view of the TV tower and the Olympic Stadium

No comments: